River Rouge High School News
River Rouge High School News
Greetings High School Scholars and Families:
We hope that you had a wonderful midwinter break and that you continue to stay safe and healthy. As a reminder, all classes, both distance and hybrid, will resume tomorrow, Monday, February 22, 2021, promptly at 7:55am. Please ensure that scholars are logging in for each class period daily as this is connected to both attendance and grade expectations. As a reminder, only registered hybrid learners should report to the building on their scheduled days only, all other learners will remain in distance learning until we offer further options as further guidance is received.
During this week, students will continue with their Quarter 3 learning as well as completion of their NWEA Testing. This is very important to make sure that we can provide the supports needed for our students. Teachers will work diligently to get all students tested before the window closes next week.
This Friday, February 26 is a scheduled 1/2 day for all students. Please stay tuned for the schedule for Friday's learning. Again, we thank you for your support and look forward to an amazing week!
Due to COVID-19 the new hours of operation for district services on Wednesday's will be from 8 AM to 1 PM.
Hello High School Students and Families:
We hope that you are enjoying your weekend and that you closed our semester 1 strong! As we prepare for our 2nd semester which begins on Monday, February 1, we wanted to provide reminders and updates for our families.
1. Semester 2 daily schedules are attached. Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, Fridays are our traditional full day schedule, whether you are remaining in distance learning or signed up for hybrid in person. Wednesdays are half day distance learning for all students.
2. Student schedules can be found on their Student Connect. In person learners can pick up schedules when they report to school on their first cohort day.
3. Please refer to the emails, phone messages, website and social media posts, as well as held presentation from our parent meetings about the learning options and steps for in person learning. If you still need information, you can find it here.
4. Monday/Tuesday begins in person for our Cohort A which includes our eastside, local and downriver students. You MUST have registered for in person learning via the application that was posted for the last two weeks. If you did not, you will remain in distance learning for quarter 3. Due to the heightened safety measures, we must keep an accurate record of students in the building. This is not a walk in process, you must be on the list. If you are registered, parents received an email with further instructions and expectations for in person.
5. Thursday/Friday begins in person for our Cohort B which includes our westside students. Again, you MUST have registered for in person learning via the application that was posted for the last two weeks. If you did not, you will remain in distance learning for quarter 3. We have to maintain our protocols to ensure the safety of all of our students, staff and families.
6. As a reminder, only those registered should show up for in person learning beginning next week. All other students will continue with distance learning for Quarter 3. Daily schedules are included ... please note - we return to full day schedules except for Wednesdays.
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to safely phase students back for Quarter 3. We appreciate your partnership with maintaining a safe and seamless transition for our students.